Trees are a part of the landscape that many homeowners look forward to losing during a hurricane season. While this aspect of landscape maintenance may not always be considered “green” due in large part to the fact that they often provide shelter and food for birds, humans, and small animals for many years to come, they can also be damaged and eventually killed by wind, hail, and other forms of damage. In most cases, these losses can be prevented with routine maintenance and timely repair. Here are some tips from experts in this field for storm damage tree removal:
– Prior to the storm, contact a tree service and schedule storm damage tree removal at no cost. During this time, it is important to remove any dead, dying, or cracked branches so that they do not take additional damage during the upcoming storm. Some homeowners make the mistake of removing already-grown trees, which is not only unsightly, but can make matters worse. A qualified tree service will be able to assess the situation and advise as to what can and cannot be removed, while explaining the best course of action.
– If possible, try to salvage as much of the structure as possible. While it may be tempting to completely gut an entire yard of plants and trees, doing so can be a poor decision. Complete gutting can create a weak ground foundation, which can result in more water damage in the future. In addition, complete gutters and downspouts can be quite unsightly, so if at all possible, leave them intact. Additionally, leaving large rocks or chunks of debris in place can also help to enhance the curb appeal of a home.
– Hire a professional tree service. This is not only a wise decision on your part, but one of the best decisions you can make for the environment as well. Certified arborists use environmentally safe methods with no chemicals or dangerous equipment during a storm damage tree removal process. Additionally, they utilize methods that do not involve the cutting of downspouts and gutters, as this can compromise the structural integrity of your home. A trained arborist can safely and effectively remove large amounts of fallen trees, ensuring that the area remains tree friendly and free from debris.
– Depending on the severity of the storm, hiring a professional tree removal service may also be necessary to repair some structural damage. When trees are falling, the roots can easily penetrate the roof and cause damage to the interior of your home. In addition, if the wind is strong enough to blow a tree onto a house, the interior can become wet, moldy and even unsafe. A certified arborist will know the best way to remove these invasive plants, improving the overall appearance of the property as well as reducing the risk of future insect infestations.
– There are other kinds of storm-related damages that require the expertise of a certified arborist. When trees fall, they can damage roads, lead to power outages and create safety hazards. In addition, when a tree falls it can crush a vehicle, injuring anyone who is nearby when it breaks. Certified arborists are trained to handle all kinds of tree removal situations so that your structural damage is addressed swiftly, leaving you with a clean slate to address the issues that remain.